As a new blogger, I was delighted (and surprised!) to be nominated for a Liebster award by Cymbrie of Good, Beautiful and True. Her blog is well-written, positive, and encouraging. I see many followers in her future! Thank you, Cymbrie, for the nomination.
If you’re not familiar with the award (as a newbie, I certainly wasn’t), it’s a fun way to recognize new bloggers and get to know them in the process. You can read more about the award here.
While it is all in good fun, there are some rules…
Thank the blog that nominated you and link back to them (check!).
Share 11 fun facts about yourself (see below).
Answer the 11 questions from the blog that nominated you (see below).
Prepare 11 questions for those you will nominate (see below).
Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers by commenting on one of their blog posts (you guessed it, see below!).
11 Fun (?) Facts About Me
- I’m from Florida, but moved to Colorado a few years ago. I drove out here with no contacts, no job, and a rapidly dwindling bank account. It was scary, but well worth it!
- I’m a huge animal lover, especially birds. I took an ornithology class once, and loved it!
- I studied Anthropology and Classics in college (read: very hard to apply in the real world). My current job is completely unrelated, but I’m grateful for the learning experience.
- Sushi is one of my favorite foods. I could eat it all day!
- I have a classical music stationed pre-programmed in my car for stressful days.
- I love museums of all kinds.
- Thrift shopping is one of my favorite hobbies. I’m not embarrassed to admit that most of my wardrobe comes from the thrift store. I’ve been thrifting since I was 15, and I imagine I’ve saved thousands in the process.
- I can’t stand mushrooms or olives.
- I took French in high school, and secretly wish I’d kept up with it.
- Although I haven’t hit my 30th birthday just yet (just 5 short months away!), I feel I’m a little old lady trapped in an young(ish) person’s body. I love postage stamps and going to bed at 9:00pm.
- I have lots of debt (mostly student loans) – my goal is to be debt free by 2020!
- Your favorite quote? This is a tough one! I’m a quote fanatic, but one of my favorites is “Wisdom begins in wonder.” – Socrates.
- Why did you start your blog? I love writing and was looking for an outlet to practice my craft. Since I love health, fitness, and budgeting, I thought thrivesensibly was a perfect fit!
- What is your biggest blogging challenge? My blog is in its infancy (that is, only a few days old), but so far my biggest challenge has been coming up with ideas for new content. I’m worried my idea bank will run dry, so I’m constantly looking for inspiration.
- What is your dream job? A freelance writer! I’m taking baby steps to make this dream a reality, and know I’ll get there someday soon. And hey, if you ever want to hire me to write or edit copy for your business, let’s talk!
- What is your favorite book and why? Although it’s not a novel, my favorite book is Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway. I’ve read it a few times and the advice rings true in so many situations. A great book for indecisive folks like myself.
- Your biggest pet peeve? Bad drivers. I can’t stand people who change lanes erratically, linger at green lights and avoid turn signals. Drives me crazy!
- A place you would love to travel to? There are so, so many possible answers to this question, but I’d love to go to Switzerland and see the Alps in the summertime. So beautiful.
- What is your favorite thing about yourself? My ability to see beauty in every day things.
- The best piece of advice you have ever received? At my core, I’m a worrier, and anyone who truly knows me will agree. If I’m really freaking out about something, my mom will often say, “Who’s going to care in 1,000 years?” It really puts things in perspective for me. Thanks, mom!
- What is one of your hidden talents? Finding deals – I love the challenge!
- How do you decompress after a stressful day? A walk, a yummy dinner, Netflix, and/or a glass of wine!
- What’s one thing you’ve accomplished from your bucket list?
- Where do you find your writing inspiration?
- How do you spend your time on weekends?
- Would you rather travel into the past or future?
- What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
- What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve done?
- Describe your dream in one word.
- If you could be transported anywhere instantly, where would it be?
- What was your proudest moment?
- If you had one day all to yourself, how would you spend it?
- What one piece of advice would you give your 5-year-old self?
Blogs Worth Visiting (My Nominees)
Fitness, Nutrition and Moor (feel inclined to mention that’s not a typo :))
How To Be A _____ Blog (hot off the press new! love this idea!)
That’s all, folks! Let’s share the love with these new bloggers!